The chosen one

I finally did it; I picked a new gray! After all that gray drama from last week I have done a lot of research and gotten a lot of great suggestions from you guys for new grays and I finally bought another gallon of paint today.

I also decided I would pick up a few swatches of greens and yellows that I want to add to the room so I can bring those with me when shopping for accessories.

The color I bought is called Cathedral Stone and it’s by Valspar. It looks almost identical to Martha Stewart’s Cement Gray.

I’m excited to roll it on the walls and I can’t wait to take pictures and share. Has anyone else used Cathedral Stone? What do you think?

Bookmark and Share

9 Comments on "The chosen one"

1. Abi says:

LOVE the gray!! and of course the green and yellow! I can seem to decorate without those colors!

2. Raffaella says:

Hey
    I am having troubles choosing a Grey….
    any chance I can see a picture of your room finished? all the stencil work sounds very intriguing
    Raffaella

3. Allyson says:

Wow…I so wish that I would have found all these tips a week ago! I just painted my bedroom Valspar Stone Mason grey (four gallons worth!) after trying a million swatches, but now that its up, it is just way too blue! I thought I picked the least-blue, without being too brown and it’s still bluish…ugh, what to do, what to do… I may have to pick up cathedral stone tomorrow…and my husband is going to kill me! Can send pics if you’d like. Its still a nice grey…haven’t gotten the rest of the fabrics and makeover done yet so maybe it’ll grow on me.

• Courtney says:

Picking the right gray was a huge challenge! I would love to see pictures; maybe before and after shots. You can always buy those little mini samples of paint and do a test spot to see if you like it on your walls and how it looks in the room before you make another 4 gallon commitment. Another thing I learned is that you can buy contractors grade paint and it’s a lot cheaper and looks just as good. Can’t wait to hear back about your room makeover!

• Allyson says:

Thanks for your advice…I think I’m kicking myself because I DID try several samples and thought the one I picked was the best! I have learned that grey is tricky…it changes color with the daylight. I’ll take some pics tomorrow…maybe you can give me some advice on fabrics for a chair I’m recovering. I work at a large design firm so I have access to every fabric imaginable, but want to keep it under my “design on a dime” budget (my husband likes to say its more like “design on a nickel”.

How do I post pictures?

• Courtney says:

Just send me some pictures to my email address (courtney@thejoyofdecorating.com) and I can post them and solicit help from readers too. We’ll get this room redone!

Trackbacks for this post

1. Everyday I'm Stenciling (Walls)thejoyofdecorating.com

Got something to say? Go for it!