I <3 Thrifting: Raleigh, NC Chapter

Tired of the same old Saturday routine? Want to meet new people? Ready to thrift shop like you’ve never thrift shopped before?

Well then get ready for the best thrifting party you’ll ever go to!

Thrifter extraordinaire, Rashon Carraway, Mr. Goodwill Hunting, came up with this super cool idea to have “i <3 thrifting” parties all over the country on July 9. It’s a day for us thrifters to come together and let everyone know that thrifting is fun, cool and totally green. I’m hosting a Raleigh meetup and I hope you locals can make it. Don’t live in NC? Don’t worry! Check out Rashon’s site for a list of other thrifting groups meeting in other areas.

Raleigh schedule:

10:00 am. – Antiques to Zippers - 1689-A North Market Drive, Raleigh

11:00 am – Goodwill - 1677 North Market Drive, Raleigh

12:00 p.m. – ReTails Thrift Shop - 1608 North Market Drive, Raleigh

1:00 p.m. – Lunch at Tijuana Flats (Fun place for a group photo!) - 1310 East Millbrook Rd., Raleigh

2:00 p.m. – Revival Antiques - 1505 Capital Boulevard #14, Raleigh

NEW EDITION: 3:00 p.m. – Habitat for Humanity ReStore – 2420 Raleigh, Blvd. Raleigh (thanks for the tip Pretty Handy Girl!)

If you can’t make it the whole day you can stop by any time and join us for some of the fun.

Oh and one more thing, don’t forget to pick up your “i <3 thrifting” t-shirt here. I got the hot pink one so everyone can find me!

Hope to see you there!

Bookmark and Share

32 Comments on "I <3 Thrifting: Raleigh, NC Chapter"

1. Jessica says:

I will definitely be there! Thanks for organizing this!

Jessica

2. Becky Lytle says:

Hello to all! I am with Goodwill Industries of Eastern North Carolina, the company that runs the store on North Market that you plan to visit on July 9. We are so excited that you are coming and we want to do everything we can to make your experience there a great one!! Please let me know what I can do to help!

• Courtney says:

Hi Becky! We’re all really excited for the event. It would be awesome if we could take some group pictures at the store with the staff! I love Goodwill so I’m sure it’s going to be a great time.

Thanks!!

3. Becky Lytle says:

I plan to be there and we will do all we can to make you feel welcome and to facilitate your photo-taking!

4. Hi Courtney,
    Saw that your are organizing a Raleigh group. I was going to attend your event, but since I live in Southern Wake County, I’ve decided to host a Cary group. So, now the Triangle will have a little more representation. :) Really looking forward to it.

I linked to your post here on my site and also posted on Facebook & Twitter.

Have a fabulous Friday and Happy 4th!

~ Stacey Sherman
    Spiffed-up Spaces

5. Stukes says:

I will definitely be there!
    Blushblog.com

• Courtney says:

Fantastic! I can’t wait to meet everyone. FYI, I’m bringing goodie bags for all the thrifters so tell your friends!

6. Maridith says:

Hi Courtney- I am a local Raleigh Blogger. I found you through Pink and Polka Dots. I would LOVE to meet some local bloggers and go thrifting, but right now is not my season as I have a 5 month old who is dependent on just me. You ladies have a great time and maybe one day I will be able to meet some other local bloggers. Cheers!

• Courtney says:

Hi Maridith! Sad you can’t make it but hopefully we can do another one in a few months and you can come along!

7. Courtney,

I’m planning on meeting you guys, I might be a little late. But, I’ll find y’all. Would you consider adding the ReStore to the end of the tour? It isn’t far from the last destination. I’d be happy to lead that excursion. I was planning on organizing a trip in a week or so, but this seemed like a good opportunity to do it earlier.

I’ll be announcing your schedule on my blog sometime tomorrow to hopefully bring a few more peeps. ;-D

Thank you so much for organizing a Raleigh group! Yeah, Raleigh!

Brittany (aka Pretty Handy Girl)

• Courtney says:

Hi Brittany! I actually just found out about ReStore last week and I was planning to go soon so I would be happy to add it on to our tour. I think some people might come a little later or have to leave early but I’m always willing to shop until someone kicks me out!

Let’s go Raleigh!

8. Cherie says:

Courtney,
    Newest follower. I just found you through Pretty Handy Girl Aka Brittany. She was telling me about the Raleigh edition of Thrifting! OMG, wish I had known about it before my plans for a company BBQ this weekend.
    I love the ReStore place.
    There is also a place that I love to go to off Gresham Lake Called Garage Brothers and they have a new store in Cary. http://freegaragecleaning.com/

Cherie

• Courtney says:

Ohh man I love all these posts about cool thrift stores! I will have to go check that one out! If this goes well and it sounds like people had a good time, I might organize a thrifting type meet-up in a few months.

9. Karen says:

Hey Guys!
    AWESOME Idea! Please consider adding Thieves Market Mall to your tour one day! It is a huge antique/vintage/new/ & consignment store that is packed with fantastic bargains! Located at 3540 Maitland Drive in Raleigh. Exit 13B off the beltline. You will not be disappointed!

• Courtney says:

Hi Karen,
      I’m sure we will be doing this again in a few months so we will definitely check it out! Thanks!

10. Courtney, do you want to add this to the schedule? They close at 4pm, so we will be shutting the place down. Woo hoo! Oh, and BTW, it will be hot in there, no A/C. But, it is still fun.

Brittany (aka Pretty Handy Girl)

11. Sorry, forgot:
    3:00 p.m. – Habitat for Humanity ReStore – 2420 Raleigh, Blvd. Raleigh

12. Next time you are out and about you should stop by SuzAnna’s Antiques on Durant Road!! I own it so I am a little biased but you can also ask Pretty Handy Girl about it! or check us out at http://www.suzannasantiques.blogspot.com !

13. Wow, superb blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is great, let alone the content!

14. Hello, very professional high level blog! thank you for sharing. Because of good writing, and I learned a lot, and I am glad to see such a beautiful thing. Sorry for my bad English. ?
    My website is on Beach wedding.

15. great outfit. love your blog!

16. Shannon says:

I’m new to the Raleigh area and also love thrifting! I just found another great store: This Just In Consignment– has furniture, household items, clothing, etc. Might be a good one to add to your list! :)

Trackbacks for this post

1. Shopping trip: Revival Antiques | | thejoyofdecorating.comthejoyofdecorating.com
  2. Hi ho silver! | | thejoyofdecorating.comthejoyofdecorating.com
  3. I Love Thrifting Day in Cary, NC on july 9th | Spiffed-up Spaces
  4. Raleigh thrifting event updatethejoyofdecorating.com
  5. I <3 Thrifting Day! Saturday, July 9th | Pretty Handy Girl
  6. My Thrifting Score and New Blog Buddies | Pretty Handy Girl

Got something to say? Go for it!